“There are five elements: earth, air, fire, water and garlic.” ~ Louis Diat
Hello and thank you for stopping by this garlicky corner of the interwebz – you are awesome.
So, let me ask, do any of the following apply to you:
- automatically double the amount of garlic a recipe calls for with thinking
- believe garlic bread is one of the four basic food groups
- referred to any favorite garlic product as “crack”
- do not recognize the theory of too much garlic
- physically stopped walking when hitting the “garlic wall” coming from a restaurant and soaked in the intoxicating aroma
- have multiple forms of garlic on hand at all times (fresh, granulated, powdered, pickled, etc).
- add garlic to recipes that don’t call for garlic
- get goosebumps thinking about squeezing a roasted garlic head onto toast “like buttah”
- tear up every time at the epic garlic scene in the movie Goodfellas
If so, welcome – you are home.
What’s the deal with the garlic obsession?
I don’t know, I should probably get checked out.
Actually, I LOVE to cook, which I guess is a by product of having a 4’7” Italian mom running around the kitchen while growing up. She says she is 4′ 7.5”, but I have to remind her that it doesn’t count when she is wearing shoes – which is usually followed by me receiving some sort of injury inflicted by a wooden spoon. Italian moms are like ninjas with wooden spoons. You doubt me? I dare you to try talking back to one while she wields her
weapon utensil. I will assist in helping you off the floor.
In my opinion there is NOTHING that brings people together more than good food. And for me most of that good food usually involves garlic. Some of the best memories I have growing up were walking into the house and smelling garlic sauteing. That alluring garlic smell always gave me the warm and fuzzy Happy Gilmore “happy place” kind of feeling.
“Without garlic I simply would not care to live.”
Louis Diat (1885-1958)
What’s up with the site?
My hope for this site is to have a blast with anything and everything garlic. To create a connection point for all you garlic loving freaks out there…..you know who you are.
Now, get your Garlic on people!